Welcome to the Australasian Society for
Social and Affective Neuroscience website
Our mission statement
The Australasian Society for Social and Affective Neuroscience (AS4SAN) is a non-profit organisation that aims to promote basic and applied research investigating social and affective behaviour across a wide range of different species using a wide variety of neuroscience and neuropsychological techniques. AS4SAN sees social and affective neuroscience as an interdisciplinary field devoted to the study of central nervous system mechanisms (e.g., neural, hormonal, cellular, genetic) underlying social and affective behaviour, in the context of both normal development and functioning, as well as relevant to clinical disorders.
In addition to promoting research, the goals of AS4SAN are to:
- Encourage and support student and early career researcher endeavours in the area, at all levels of training.
- Create contexts in which researchers at all levels of training can interact in both formal and informal ways, and in which interdisciplinary collaborations can be fostered.
- Demonstrate the considerable applied value of this research area in clinical and community settings.
- Engage in collaborative endeavours with community partners.
- Ensure that the translational value of research in this broad area is communicated effectively to the public.
2018 AS4SAN Annual Meeting
The next Australasian Society for Social and Affective Neuroscience conference will take place in Brisbane on Wednesday the 20th and Thursday the 21st of June 2018 at the Ship Inn. On Tuesday the 19th of June we will also offer two new workshops. Stay tuned for more information.
For a look at the 2017 conference program click HERE.
To keep up to date with the latest information please like our facebook page at www.facebook.com/AS4SAN, follow us on twitter @AS4SANinc and sign up to our newsletter on this site.